The two main types of online shopping marketing tools that you may come across in your surfing sprees can be segregated between 'discount code or coupon code promotional' and 'link only' promotions. In their desire to increase online revenue, most of the e-merchants offer one of these tools to their perspective buyers.
There are few queries that may crop in the mind of amateur shoppers. For example, how does one redeem a "linked" coupon or product? .The linked products or coupons do not have actual discount codes or coupons associated with them. A special link takes the user to an online store where discounts can be availed automatically on check out after shopping.
The method of redeeming discount codes or coupon codes is also an area that needs education as far as many shoppers are concerned. Well, each retail site has its own layout for entering the discount codes or online coupon code. The coupons can also be entered while the shopping cart is being filled. On some other websites, the discount code is entered on the selection review page just preceding the checkout. If you are a first timer, then it is advisable to check out the coupon "submit" area before you proceed to click the "Pay "button.
Are you looking for discount codes or online coupons to make your savings help you earn that little extra? Given below are a few great websites that offer printable coupons for both online and offline stores. It is not unusual to find great deals from just about every major retailer and shopping portal on the Web.
1. RetailMeNot: More than 20,000 stores offer free online coupons on this website. Be sure to feast your eyes and feel good about your purchases, by using discount codes on sites ranging from Amazon to Victoria's Secret. The discount codes present here are only for online stores.
2. FreeShopping.org is popular for offering online coupon codes and free shipping coupons for over 800 web stores ranging from Old Navy to Toys R Us to J C Penney.
3. GoToDaily.com offers active discount codes for web stores, book, magazines, electronic goods, hotels, travel, etc.
4. Mothers are famous for their savings at grocery stores. CouponMom provides free registration and loads of discount coupons and is also known for providing loads of tips on how to save money on grocery items.
5. Registering with the online community on Fat Wallet actually helps users earn money as they shop. The website offers attractive discount codes and offers on many product categories as well.
There are many more voucher websites that offer the best deals to online shoppers and help them save during these recessionary times.
The recession has coined new words such as "freeconomy", wherein adults in the United States end up saving more than $1500 annually, through discount codes, money off vouchers, special deals, online codes and coupons and freebies.
According to the Halifax Home Insurance Study, the economic downturn has turned many nations into a field of bargain hunters, with many budget buyers refusing to purchase items at full cost. The most lucrative areas for using discount codes and free offers are fast food, takeaways, restaurant bills, holidays , grocery items, airfare, etc.
12 percent of the adult buyers admit indulging in haggling, to make prices come within their comfort zone and only 1 percent of them found the concept of using discount codes and offers embarrassing. The current trend is to use shared discounts with friends and this has transformed the concept of discount codes into a social activity rather than a marketing strategy.
An analysis of the discount codes and special prices revealed that these offers range from scaled percentage reductions on price to free delivery offers that helped buyers save on shipping costs. There are specific regulations and modes of using discount offers available on different websites and care should b taken to follow the same before going ahead with their redemption.